Fashion’s Night Out this Thursday Sept 8th, 2011 from 6 to 11pm will be bigger and better than ever before. Here is our curated list and recommended route for Georgetown:
TIP: Use free pedicabs to get around (with proof of purchase)
- Start the night at Hu’s Wear & Hu’s Shoes for the Gilt City VIP party. If you didn’t get a ticket you can still enjoy up to 80% off their spring/summer 2011 collection. Guests will also receive a rare opportunity to explore vintage pieces from the treasure trove that is the Hu’s Wear and Hu’s Shoes archive.
- Walk down the block to CUSP and enjoy Georgetown Cupcakes and DJ beats. Starting at 8 PM take part in their glam photo shoot with photographer Walter Grio of Shoot for Change; your FNO pic will be available later online. Receive a gift with purchase.
- Cross the street and stop by our favorite addition to the neighborhood, Rag & Bone to see their latest collection.
- Turn the corner to Lost Boys where gentlemen can enjoy traditional straight razor shaves, old fashioned shoe shines, a limited edition fashion collection debut, and a barber shop quartet. Partake in Chivas Scotch classes featuring Master Blender, Craig Vaught.
- Make a right onto Wisconsin and into Madewell for snacks, drinks, and a limited-edition dotted denim tote (with purchase of $150 or more; while suppliles last). For our favorite part of their event, shop a hand-picked selection of vintage finds from their (and our) favorite local spots – Pretty People Vintage and Treasury.
- Walk a few steps back to All Saints Spitalfields and enjoy music, makeovers and styling, food, and refreshments.
- Keep walking down M Street to Dean & Deluca – The official FNO Lounge hosted by Brightest Young Things – to enjoy wine tastings, “flower power” accessory making and a FNO photo shoot wall for glam photo ops.
- Recharge just down the block at Crepe Amour. “Fashion for Nutella”—free crepes to anyone who shows a receipt as “proof of purchase” from any of the participating FNO Georgetown retailers.
- Make your way back to Wisconsin Ave. for ”Cocktails, Collars and Cuffs” by DC’s own Hugh & Crye. Join them for a gift with purchase, music and refreshments at their new location.
- Walk a few blocks down to one of our favorite luxury consignments stores TARI for Art Soiree. Drink Lambrusco, nibble on prosciutto and mozzarella and listen to Sanremo. Shop fashions by Gucci, Zegna, Valentino and more as well as a glimpse of the new 2012 Lamborghini Aventador. Later in the evening, meet ProjectBeltway.com’s Rachel Cothran, part of the FNO Host Committee, as she helps you shop for vintage designer fashions.
- Take a free pedicab to Nectar Skin Bar for their Garden Beauty Party, from 7-10 pm. Enjoy refreshments, skin consultations and mini-treatments; mega-prize drawings and gifts. You can also visit them at the Touch Up Bar located in the BYT Lounge at Dean & DeLuca.